Bug With Manual Blueprint Filling

Bugs that are actually features.
bcwhite
Inserter
Inserter

Bug With Manual Blueprint Filling

Post by bcwhite »

If I'm laying a blueprint but don't have all the exact parts to fulfill it, it would be nice to make some substitutions. For example, iron chests instead of steel chests.

If the exact item for the blueprint is layed down, any circuit connections will be set. However, if I lay down a compatible item (iron chest instead of steel chest, or fast inserter instead of stack inserter) however, the circuit will not be connected even though it's still applicable.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Bug With Manual Blueprint Filling

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's not a bug.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

bcwhite wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:55 pm
If I'm laying a blueprint but don't have all the exact parts to fulfill it, it would be nice to make some substitutions. For example, iron chests instead of steel chests.
You can use an upgrade planner to change most of these items within the blueprint before placing.

Also you can place over existing buildings and it will copy any settings onto those existing buildings (but not mark them for deconstruction).

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

IIRC you can also use the upgrade planner to upgrade ghosts, though I don't know if that allows them to persist their previous configurations (I recall there being a bug about that).

bcwhite
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bcwhite »

If I place an iron chest over a steel chest, the circuit connection remains. But if I place an iron chest over a steel chest *ghost*, the circuit connection is lost. It may not be a bug but it is an inconsistency.
-- Brian

Return to “Not a bug”