[0.17.14] Biter running past radar to attack smelter, Biter not attacking player

Bugs that are actually features.
_Peter_
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.14] Biter running past radar to attack smelter, Biter not attacking player

Post by _Peter_ »

In Level 1 of the Scenario, once I moved to the right area next to the water and built my base, Biters start to attack slowly one by one my iron miner (motivating me to research repair packs and turrets).

If I place a radar to the left of the iron ore patch (to see more to the west) the Biter will just not attack it, they will pass by and attack the iron ore miner again - in my taste a bug.

If I move to the area where one Biter is waiting for another one to join and attack, the Biter will only attack me once I start to shoot at it and just sit around without doing anything before that - in my taste a bug.

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.14] Biter running past radar to attack smelter, Biter not attacking player

Post by abregado »

This is intended behavior. To reduce risk to the player, but not to reduce the consequences of failing to defend your base. Biters only attack a given list of structure types.

The second issue is there so that biters attack idle player less. This way the player always hears an alert before they are attacked (if say they have a gui open).

Return to “Not a bug”