[0.17.x] Upgrade planner only upgrades to the next tier belt but not the displayed tier

Bugs that are actually features.
WildWolf
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.x] Upgrade planner only upgrades to the next tier belt but not the displayed tier

Post by WildWolf »

After extensive testing with both lua commands and the actual item it self, I just couldent wrap my head around why the upgrade planner dosent upgrade to the actual displayed item.
This can get anying as when you play with bob's logistic you have 6 different belts to upgrade from and if you have some of the first tier you have to select the same portion 5 times to get it to the highest tier.
And when i checked the lua api i saw on the LuaEntity that there was only force, target, player on the order_upgrade function, witch seems that its the recipes that gets checked for witch entity to upgrade to instead of what you actualy ordered it to upgrade to.
It not a major one but more or less a tiny anoyance and would be better if actualy displayed witch one it would upgrade to or actualy made it upgrade to the item you want it to upgrade to.
Brought to you by a crappy pc...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.x] Upgrade planner only upgrades to the next tier belt but not the displayed tier

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don't understand what you're talking about. If you don't configure the upgrade planner it will upgrade an entity from it's current tier to the next tier. If that's not what you want, you can configure it manually to upgrade it to what ever compatible tier exists.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

WildWolf
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Upgrade planner only upgrades to the next tier belt but not the displayed tier

Post by WildWolf »

So i have configured the upgrade planer to upgrade from tier 1 belt to tier 3 belt but for some reason it only upgrades to the tier 2 belt and not tier 3 as it shows

WildWolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WildWolf »

And it shows that it is gona upgrade from tier 1 to tier 3 but only upgrades to tier 2 not shure if it due to mods or not

Return to “Not a bug”