[Dominik][0.17.12] Fluid type reservation error

Bugs that are actually features.
TuTurambar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Dominik][0.17.12] Fluid type reservation error

Post by TuTurambar »

To prevent fluid mixing, Factorio assigns a fluid type to all pipes, tanks, etc... Then it prevents connecting networks with different fluid types.

However, some pipes were assigned a fluid type they should not have, simpler explanation with a picture:
fluid.png
fluid.png (3.97 MiB) Viewed 2667 times

Theoretically, the three tiers should have been (from bottom to top): petroleum gas, light oil and heavy oil. These should have been separated by chemical plants. I never produced any actual fluid, or connected it to something else. Everything is empty. However, the lower two tiers are reserved for petroleum gas. If I try to connect the missing pipe (to the middle output of the bottom refinery), I can't connect the light oil output because "Can't connect systems with different fluids".

My save is there:
Sparta.zip
(12.85 MiB) Downloaded 79 times

CodeZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.12] Fluid type reservation error

Post by CodeZ »

Aren't the order of fluids in a mixed order here? For what it seems by the picture, you are "cracking" petroleum to light oil and light oil to heavy oil, but it should instead be other way around. In other words, the bottom row of tanks should be heavy oil that is then cracked to light oil in middle row by the chem plants (as their fluid arrows indicate) and the light oil in middle to petroleum at top row.
-> If you put the recipes to the chem plants, they also automatically reserved the output pipes to hold the fluid that they produce and that's why you cannot complete the design.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.12] Fluid type reservation error

Post by leadraven »

I think in some moment you accidentally connected Light (neutral at that moment) and Gas sections, and they both became Gas. You immediately disconnected them, but they both still Gas. I did the same yesterday. It is very annoying. When player disconnects pipe block, it must become neutral.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.12] Fluid type reservation error

Post by Dominik »

Yes, the whole setup seems to be on its head. From the bottom you have the gas as an input instead of output of the chem plants. The pumps too go in the wrong direction.
I see the gas lock only on the bottom pipe, which is a result of all being connected to the gas output of the refinery.

When you disconnect pipes from the "source" of the lock (some input/output of a type or an actual fluid) then it does reset.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

Dominik wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:28 am
Yes, the whole setup seems to be on its head. From the bottom you have the gas as an input instead of output of the chem plants. The pumps too go in the wrong direction.
I see the gas lock only on the bottom pipe, which is a result of all being connected to the gas output of the refinery.

When you disconnect pipes from the "source" of the lock (some input/output of a type or an actual fluid) then it does reset.
Yes, setup is wrong. But middle part is absolutely disconnected and still assigned to Gas. Or am I missing something?

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Ah yeah, I see what you mean, in the picture. But when I load it, in the same game version, I have that clear. I am not quite sure what happened there. It looks like there could be a bug but I can't identify it from here :(

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

Dominik wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:34 pm
Ah yeah, I see what you mean, in the picture. But when I load it, in the same game version, I have that clear. I am not quite sure what happened there. It looks like there could be a bug but I can't identify it from here :(
Ok, thanks. As long as I had the same situation yesterday, I'll try to reproduce and test it and will report if succeed.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

leadraven, if you know how to create a pipe locked to a fluid that has no reason for it anymore, please, let me know how. It would be quite serious as that would cause a desync in MP.

TuTurambar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TuTurambar »

Indeed, I mixed the setup, but that happens when you can't test :D

But that does not explain the issue.
leadraven wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:13 am
I think in some moment you accidentally connected Light (neutral at that moment) and Gas sections, and they both became Gas. You immediately disconnected them, but they both still Gas. I did the same yesterday. It is very annoying. When player disconnects pipe block, it must become neutral.
I do not think so. But even if I did, since nothing was produced (there was neither oil or power in that setup), it should indeed become neutral.

TuTurambar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TuTurambar »

Well, I reloaded the game (on 17.14 though), and it was fixed. Someway, it must have been solved during save loading. But I really think you have a bug somewhere in the fluid handling.

Return to “Not a bug”