[kovarex] [0.17.11] Waypoint bug causing bidirectional trains to get stuck

Bugs that are actually features.
SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.11] Waypoint bug causing bidirectional trains to get stuck

Post by SupplyDepoo »

I have a simple setup: one ore drop-off terminal, and a holding slot for a second train. There are two paths to the drop-off station, one direct and one through the queue which crosses the main line. The rest of the rail network is single-track, and I noticed that the second train would wait at the mining outpost instead of path-finding through the queue, so I created a waypoint.

Due to the existing geometry I simply placed the train stop in the only available spot behind the chain signal.

The problem is that when another train, a coal train in this case, crosses the intersection between the queue and the drop-off terminal, the queued train changes destination to the waypoint and permits itself to cross the chain signal, which is blue because the train stop acts like a free block.

Video: https://gfycat.com/CelebratedEminentBubblefish
Attachments
2019-03-14 00_05_08.gif
2019-03-14 00_05_08.gif (2.55 MiB) Viewed 658 times
0.17 Freshness.zip
Savegame. Happens 10 seconds after loading.
(7.87 MiB) Downloaded 63 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.11] Waypoint bug causing bidirectional trains to get stuck

Post by kovarex »

It actually isn't a bug. Train station worked like this regardless whether it is a waypoint or not. You can get to the train station even if it is in the chain signal segment. To fix this specific setup, you just need to put the chain signal after the stop instead in front of it.

Return to “Not a bug”