[0.17.9] Crash on startup : libpng error: IDAT....

Bugs that are actually features.
fu-fu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.9] Crash on startup : libpng error: IDAT....

Post by fu-fu »

Hello,

Went to update to 17.9, autoupdator being broken, downloaded a new .tar.xz for it (md5sum : 6fad6886f7ebe6da85fc06d131f1d3f1)

Un-tarred it, tried to run it (`./bin/x64/factorio` from the games main folder)... it haults, freezes, and tells me to do a bug-report. Hence, see attached logs (Note, oddly the factorio-current.log, doesn't have the libpng error message in it, is is only the the console one.)

This happens repeatably, crashing at 37% in `cropping bitmaps` on the loading screen. I'd expect it to.. uh.. not.

Downloaded a few versions/etc, trying to narrow it down to when it broke... Works fine in 17.8, breaks in 17.9.

Furthermore copying out the 17.9 binary to 17.3 (The game-version I was using prior, before I noticed weird train leaving stations early behavior... glad it got fix tho.), and fudging/merging back required files (modified base version, copied util-constants, style.lua and the noise-programs) It seems to work fine. (well, I get the gfx bug from the latest FFF, but I'm not expecting it to work flawless)

I did briefly play with overwriting other-elements/etc, but it didn't seem to work.

semi-relevent was this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67164&p=409759&hilit=IDAT#p409759

Misc Info: I'm running Arch-linux, with an nvidia gtx750TI, with a first-gen intel i7 cpu, and 24Gb of ram.
Attachments
console.txt
From stdout
(7.24 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
factorio-current.log
from factorio's generated.
(6.56 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

fu-fu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.9] Crash on startup : libpng error: IDAT....

Post by fu-fu »

Extracted it to /tmp, ran it, seemed fine.
Looks like it's something else occuring then. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “Not a bug”