NPE doesn't support Multiplayer

Bugs that are actually features.
kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

NPE doesn't support Multiplayer

Post by kizrak »

New Player Experience (tutorial for 0.17) does not support multiplayer.

_italics_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: NPE doesn't support Multiplayer

Post by _italics_ »

I am introducing a friend to Factorio, and we made plans to do the intro together. So we set up a server and transferred a save. We connected, cheered, then timed out with "Server not responding". We tried several times, "Server not responding" every time. Eventually I got this error message explaining the problem:

I think the main issue here is that it's not handling the situation in a clear way. As far as I could tell, there's nothing stating it's single-player only, and it seems to work until e.g. one of the players tries to take things out of the shipwreck.

So can't say his first impression of the New Player Experience was optimal, but he really enjoyed it when he got started. Could it have worked if I was an observer? Didn't try that, he ended up sharing his screen.

kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: NPE doesn't support Multiplayer

Post by kizrak »

I noticed this got moved to "not a bug" but wasn't given any feedback as to where it *should* go. So I made a post at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67178. I would be really excited if someone could let me know where this should go, or if a forum moderator could just move it appropriately. Thanks!!!

Return to “Not a bug”