[0.11.1 qebrow] furnace consuming power even if not smelting

Bugs that are actually features.
LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.11.1 qebrow] furnace consuming power even if not smelting

Post by LoSboccacc »

the electric furnace consumes power even when it is not smelting, this happens when the right hand slot (the output) is full

so the furnace is not operating, but stealing precious power

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.1] furnace consuming power even if not smelting

Post by Boogieman14 »

In my quick test, it's using 6kW in the conditions you describe (output full, with or without matching ore in input). That seems normal to me - every machine uses a little power even when it's idle (a quick test [n=2] shows that this is 3,33%)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Boogieman14 wrote:In my quick test, it's using 6kW in the conditions you describe (output full, with or without matching ore in input). That seems normal to me - every machine uses a little power even when it's idle (a quick test [n=2] shows that this is 3,33%)
The're only supposed to consume power when idle if they have a drain on the "energy_source" tag, in the case of the electric furnace, it has no drain tag.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tami »

An inactiv Electic Miner even produce Pollution, even it is really low, but it does.
Some Structures like Inserters and Laser Towers have their idle drain power in the tooltipp, however every energy consuming structure uses a small amount of Power while idling, it will be increased or reducest with modules, that increases the power consumption or reduces it.

Afaik the listed drain value is only listed, if the structure dont follow the standard drain formular. Like inserters, they have all the same Drain Value, different working consumption.

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

I've been wondering if that was the case, but if it is it's not showing up on the electric network info...

Return to “Not a bug”