[0.17.2] Toolbelt research

Bugs that are actually features.
Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.17.2] Toolbelt research

Post by Pi-C »

I know we're already on 0.17.4, so perhaps this isn't an issue any longer, but as the in-game updater isn't working yet and I don't want to download the complete game again, I'll ask this anyway: Why is the tool belt research still in the game? Now that the old tool belt has been replaced by the new quickbar, it seems to have no purpose -- or is there something I've overlooked?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2] Toolbelt research

Post by kovarex »

It increases the available inventory space (as the previous one did, as quickbar was inventory space)

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Toolbelt research

Post by Pi-C »

kovarex wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 pm
It increases the available inventory space (as the previous one did, as quickbar was inventory space)
Thanks for the quick reply! For me, it used to be just "the quickbar" until I found the "toolbelt" metaphor in the research tree. After that, I thought of the main inventory as something like a huge backpack to store everything -- and the quickbar (or toolbelt) was just a more convenient place to keep the tools I needed most close at hand. Now, with the quickbar-as-toolbelt gone and no changes to the quickbar, this research felt strange, but I've to admit that I didn't read the description carefully enough. After all, the wording changed from "Adds ten extra slots to your quickbar" (0.16.51) to "Expands your inventory" (now), so you really did everything correct even though it feels strange. Sorry for the noise … :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Not a bug”