Can't open chests while holding items, can't ctrl+click (or shift+click) to drop items in chest

Bugs that are actually features.
audigex
Inserter
Inserter

Can't open chests while holding items, can't ctrl+click (or shift+click) to drop items in chest

Post by audigex »

I can't find anything to say this functionality was deliberately removed, and I'm fairly sure we could do both previously because I've been away from the game for months but both are still in my muscle memory when playing.

When holding an item in your hand, ctrl+click/shift+click (I forget which) used to deposit the items in the chest, but doesn't appear to do so anymore.

Similarly when holding an item it used to be possible to open a chest and drop the items into the chest. Now, I have to drop the item (q), open the chest, and move the item to the chest

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can't open chests while holding items, can't ctrl+click (or shift+click) to drop items in chest

Post by tehfreek »

Can't duplicate. Post a save that exhibits the issue.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Can't open chests while holding items, can't ctrl+click (or shift+click) to drop items in chest

Post by Twinsen »

Opening a chest(or any structure) while holding an item is only possible if the item you are holding is not a build-able structure. This is the same as 0.16.

Ctrl+Clicking to put items in a chest seems to be working correctly. Double check the keybindings? Or maybe you have some sticky modifier pressed.

Return to “Not a bug”