[0.17.2] Can use commands like ctr+c but not cancel it while no unlocked

Bugs that are actually features.
JareX
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.2] Can use commands like ctr+c but not cancel it while no unlocked

Post by JareX »

Although I have not unlocked shortcuts like ctr+c or ctr+x on the panel next to the toolbar I still can use those command with the corresponding shortcut keys.

But what is most annoying is the fact that if I press for example ctr+c a cursor appears to copy a new area, but If I don't want to do it I can't cancel it (pressing Esc or clicking doesn't cancel it). I'm forced to copy an entity and then cancel it for the cursor to get away, or press "Q" (which doesnt make much sense).

I hope my description is not too confusing.

thx for this great game.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [17.0.2] Can use commands like ctr+c but not cancel it while no unlocked

Post by posila »

JareX wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:47 pm
press "Q" (which doesnt make much sense).
Why doesn't Q make sense? (I am asking for interesting feedback to give to campaign guys)

Doomquill
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Doomquill »

I don't know about Q not making sense, but I can agree that it'd be nice if you could cancel it with escape at least. It feels very unintuitive to have escape not bring the game back to a default state (i.e. closing menus, putting things back in inventory, closing map)

JareX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JareX »

posila wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:49 pm
JareX wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:47 pm
press "Q" (which doesnt make much sense).
Why doesn't Q make sense? (I am asking for interesting feedback to give to campaign guys)
Using Q to exit a menu or any interface makes no sense because I don't use Q for that function in any other program or game.

Escape in the other hand is much more intuitive.

Also I should not be able to use those commands if I have not unlocked them yet.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2] Can use commands like ctr+c but not cancel it while no unlocked

Post by kovarex »

The problem is, that the usage of Q to clean the selected item is kind of a cornerstone of how factorio is used. Without it, you almost can't play. Since Esc is used to close active window mainly, it would be in your way, as sometimes poeple use Esc (instead of E), to close active window, while they still want to use the thing in hand.

Return to “Not a bug”