Bugs that are actually features.
Riley19280
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.0] Pick ghost item while crafting

Post by Riley19280 »

1. turn ghost pick items on
2. start crafting an item
3. quickly ghost pick the item you are crafting (i.e an inserter)
4. when you finish crafting the item, the ghost you are holding does not get updated, causing you to have to drop the ghost and re-pick the item that you are trying to place.

I find myself waiting for the items to finish crafting and trying to place them but it places the ghost instead even though i have the item.
I could also imagine this happening when robots deliver items to you, but i have not tested that theory.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.0] Pick ghost item while crafting

Post by Klonan »

This is a specific design choice, the ghost entity cursor will always stay as ghost while being used.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Klonan wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 pm
This is a specific design choice, the ghost entity cursor will always stay as ghost while being used.
This is probably one of the biggest annoyances in regular gameplay, and is a source of constant irritation. I second the original poster in that all this does is constantly make the player A) consciously wait for handcrafting/bot deliveries to finish before you can even swap slots and/or B) have to keep swapping hotbar slot selection. At the very least allow this to be an option (better) or changed with mods (worse).

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

Reika wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:38 pm
At the very least allow this to be an option (better) or changed with mods (worse).
I would love to see more of these kinds of options made available, even if only via the config file.

Return to “Not a bug”