Beacon deleting speed modules

Bugs that are actually features.
iimpactedd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Beacon deleting speed modules

Post by iimpactedd »

Right now, new beacons are deleting the speed modules I try to insert into them (1,2, and 3). While beacons are connected to electricity, the speed modules do not get inserted and disappear from my inventory. While beacons are not connected to electricity, speed modules get inserted however when the beacon is within range of 2+ electric poles the speed modules disappear. (I am on the newest beta patch)

*edit*After further testing it seems like this is problem to specific areas. Beacons are acting normally near assemblers producing laser turrets. But the problem mentioned above is happening near assembler 3s producing engine units.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Beacon deleting speed modules

Post by Loewchen »

Post a save where this can be observed.

iimpactedd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by iimpactedd »

Sorry I should have done that initially. As I said the issue is happening near the engine units on the main bus. There should be a bunch of beacons with no modules in them.
Attachments
Game 2.zip
(53.67 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

iimpactedd wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:43 pm
Sorry I should have done that initially. As I said the issue is happening near the engine units on the main bus. There should be a bunch of beacons with no modules in them.
You have inserters removing modules from your beacons. If you don't want that to happen then don't put inserters removing from the beacons :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Kos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kos »

Hello from 2024! Just wanted to share that I was lucky enough to find this thread because I had this exact same problem with the exact same root cause. I thought I'm going crazy!

In my case it was Space Exploration, specifically trying to use wide-area beacons for the first time.

The screenshot below is after removing the offending inserters, but I'm sure you can see how the problem came to be.
Screenshot 2024-03-02 22.13.45.png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 22.13.45.png (7.25 MiB) Viewed 189 times
I hope everyone in the thread has been well over the last 6 years! What a crazy time it has been. Take care my friends.

Return to “Not a bug”