Deconstruction unreliable with non-personal bots

Bugs that are actually features.
PunkSkeleton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Deconstruction unreliable with non-personal bots

Post by PunkSkeleton »

This is a bug that I'm experiencing quite often. I believed this was due to a low number of bots but I now have 3+k idle construction bots and the deconstruction order is just unreliable. This is what happened:
1. I deconstructed a bunch of laser turrets inside a logistics network area. Due to the way the game works some of those were left to be deconstructed by non-personal bots.
2. I ordered a construction of some rails, some of them over the laser turrets marked for deconstruction, some of them over trees that were marked for deconstruction.
3. I ordered another big blueprint outside of logistics network area. The construction of this is going fine with personal bots.
4. After some time I saw bots trying to build rails over the trees and laser turrets marked for deconstruction. This is when I did "removal1" save. I was annoyed. This time I clearly have FREE bots to do the jobs, the bots should be able to reach the destination (I know that I have some logistics bots stuck in the loop but this place seems safe and all bots that had to construct something somehow reached it).
5. 15 minutes later (removal2 save) the bots are still hovering over "to be removed" structures.

This is something that happens to me almost all the time and the only workaround seems to be the manual removal of the items which is quite annoying.
Attachments
removal2.zip
(75.85 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
removal1.zip
First save
(76.62 MiB) Downloaded 55 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Deconstruction unreliable with non-personal bots

Post by Loewchen »

Do you have a missing materials or missing robots warning to the right of your tool belt?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Deconstruction unreliable with non-personal bots

Post by Zavian »

You have large gaps in between your roboport lines that are too large for bots to cross. I'm willing to bet that what is happening is that the bots assigned to deconstruct those items are coming from either the bottom or top roboport lines, getting one third of the way across the gap, running low on charge then returning to the nearest roboport to recharge, then trying to cross that gap again. This is not a bug, but a flaw in your base's roboport layout. The solution is to not have gaps too large for bots to cross.

Return to “Not a bug”