Green buffer chest - Bug or not?

Bugs that are actually features.
Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Green buffer chest - Bug or not?

Post by Horatio »

I send a request on the logical network. The result is always different. I order 55, there will be 52. Although the item is in stock.

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Green buffer chest - Bug or not?

Post by Horatio »

A finite number is always a multiple of four, either a smaller or a larger one.
I understand this is due to the carrying capacity of the drone. But does not he have to carry the exact number of requests?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Can this be condensed to: "There is more in the chest than I actually ordered"? If not, post the save and describe what you did, what happened and what you expect to happen instead please.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Horatio wrote:A finite number is always a multiple of four, either a smaller or a larger one.
I understand this is due to the carrying capacity of the drone. But does not he have to carry the exact number of requests?
Correct. Robots will always grab as much as they can hold per trip except for the player who they will only grab an exact amount for.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Horatio »

Loewchen wrote:Can this be condensed to: "There is more in the chest than I actually ordered"? If not, post the save and describe what you did, what happened and what you expect to happen instead please.
I send a signal - one unit of the conveyor. Waiting for the result - I get four units. The result will always depend on my technological tree. Dron brings four units, because he has a carrying capacity of +3. I understand this is not a bug.
But that's the problem here. It is difficult to accurately calculate such a scheme. As you progress through the tree of improvements, the value of the carrying capacity will change, so the result will change.

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Horatio »

Got it. So I'll write to another branch. :shock:

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Horatio »

A possible solution, the refusal to order improvements to the load capacity.

Return to “Not a bug”