[0.16.25] Client doesn't seem to download map

Bugs that are actually features.
xeneonic
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.25] Client doesn't seem to download map

Post by xeneonic »

Hello, I was trying to help someone with troubleshooting an issue of his on the steam forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/di ... 100167320/

Eventually I created my own server as I couldn't join him (with the same reasons he provided in that topic) and I've been having the same issue. The log is in the spoiler tags.
some log
So the thing is that we can see each other's game in the server browser, we can press that connect button and we're even requested to put in the password. If and only if you put in the correct one, do you get to the next step (downloading map) but it stays at 0 b/ps and eventually disconnects. Before I tried helping this person out with this issue, I have hosted numerous maps over numerous years (All the way back from 0.11 I believe) for numerous friends with 0 issues, even before the UPnP was a thing for Factorio by means of port forwarding (Which isn't required anymore nowadays). As you can see from the logs, there seem to be quite a few errors (non-existing heartbeats, fragments failing, ).

His friend could join me without a problem by the way. So it really seems to be some user verification problem he seems to be having? I'll recommend him to make a ticket. He wasn't fond of me adding his IP or username here for personal reasons.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.25] Client doesn't seem to download map

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however there's nothing in the log except "it failed to reach the other player" which means something outside of Factorio is blocking the traffic destined for the other player.

Because there's nothing happening Factorio wise that's blocking the packets there's nothing we can do - you'll have to figure out where the traffic is being dropped and get it fixed on your end.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”