[.16.24] Bots won't perform tasks on very large blueprint.

Bugs that are actually features.
Elan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[.16.24] Bots won't perform tasks on very large blueprint.

Post by Elan »

I pasted a very large blueprint and it seems to have crashed the construction bots. My personal roboport seems to have no problem performing the tasks if I approach with the items in inventory.

Elan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [.16.24] Bots won't perform tasks on very large blueprint.

Post by Elan »

Save attached.

I suspect it may have something to do with so many of the ghosts being out of range of a construction area. (The vast majority of the items in the print were.) Maybe the ghosts outside the construction areas were saturating the bot assignment queue. I started to place a few power poles and roboports manually and it eventually unjammed the bot queue. They are flying as expected now.
Last edited by Elan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is working correctly: you just need to wait 37 minutes for it to get around to checking every one of them :D
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

JasonCurnow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JasonCurnow »

Just to confirm this, I just had the same thing happen - I dropped down a massive blueprint (10,000+ items to place). The construction bots did their thing for a while, but eventually they just kind of... Stopped. I had plenty of the materials they needed in passive provider chests (delivered by a "go built it train") but they wouldn't do anything. I started manually placing items with my personal roboport that kicked them off for a while, but they stopped working again after a while.

edit: I've noticed that this doesn't happen as much with certain things. For example, there are about 400 beacons in a chest waiting to be placed and ghosts for all of them and more. No bots. I drop in a few hundred speed modules into the same chest and they are immediately picked up and placed. Same with concrete. When it comes in, it goes right away. I place a few things manually and everything starts to go again, at least for a while.

edit2: Concrete now not getting distributed either.. I did think of one thing, if it helps. As part of this blueprint, I lid out maybe 30K in concrete in addition to 10K+ items. Wonder if I just tried to do too much, or if the concrete broke it?

(This is from a massive save, almost to 6K SPM, so there's a lot going on. FPS/UPS is down to ~28)

- Jason

705smokey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 705smokey »

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=57804

too many active blueprints, i guess they cycle through list at 1 per tick. Can be made even worse when not steady supply of constrcution materials as well. But it will build eventually.

Return to “Not a bug”