[16.22] Inserter not working after making a blueprint

Bugs that are actually features.
Byrinman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[16.22] Inserter not working after making a blueprint

Post by Byrinman »

What I did:
I created a contraption that was designed to add robots to the network if they were below a set threshold. This contraption consists of two buffer chests, two inserters with circuit conditions, and a roboport set to output robot statistics.

What Happened:
The initial setup worked, but when I created a blueprint of said contraption, all inserters had red lights indicating the circuit condition was not met, however, the network showed signals that would resolve to true. Creating another similar contraption and blueprinting it did not cause the same scenario to occur. I can reproduce this issue by blueprinting the original setup and placing it down again. I can change the circuit conditions as much as I want, but if I remove the inserter and re-place it, the problem resolves. I can move this blueprint to any save file and the blueprint still puts the inserters into a bad state. Blueprinting this setup placed with the bad blueprint will also create bad blueprints.

Setup:
Factorio 16.22
Dedicated Multiplayer Server
1 active user
No Mods

Blueprint String:

Code: Select all

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
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(15.15 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Image of what happens.
Image of what happens.
WHY_1.png (4.51 MiB) Viewed 1426 times

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [16.22] Inserter not working after making a blueprint

Post by kitcat »

The (wireless) logistic network connection is enabled on both inserters but not set up, always evaluating to false.

Byrinman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Byrinman »

Aaaand that's what I get for trying to submit a bugpost :D

Asked multiple people in the Factorio discord and we all missed it! Sorry for the bug report. Perhaps a suggestion of some visual indicator in the GUI that both circuit and logic are enabled on an inserter, could be nice. Though I know the GUI is being revisited soon anyway, may already be on your to-do.

Thanks for making Factorio great!

Skeletpiece
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Skeletpiece »

:roll: :roll: Electricity ................. ?
Nvm, I tested the same situation and it's working fine, just noticed that signals are in different order (maybe???, try 624)
Roboport.png
Roboport.png (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1400 times

Return to “Not a bug”