[16.22] Large FPS/UPS Drop Every 60 Seconds - Heavily Modded

Bugs that are actually features.
RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[16.22] Large FPS/UPS Drop Every 60 Seconds - Heavily Modded

Post by RocketManChronicles »

You can find the save file and zipped mod folder here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H1np2 ... 5WBQg9C9-R

I am very early in the game (just starting green science), as playing normally, I will get a major FPS/UPS drop to 30.0 about every 60 seconds. This drop will last only a few seconds as it recovers and returns to 60.0 FPS/UPS. On some occasions of this happening, the FPS will not return to 60.0 and remain at 30.0 - I am assuming this is due to the number of entities (biters) on the map.

I have cycled through all of the mods, turning them off and on one-by-one to see which is contributing to the drop, but it seems none of them contribute to it. Then I tried playing without any mods in the base game and the FPS fluctuates between 30.0 and 60.0, but do not see the UPS drop I see when the mods are active. This also makes me assume the FPS drop is due to the large number of biters on the map. Is it due to the enemy settings when I created the map?

All of the above is repeatable as I play the game and does not seem to be when the user (me) does anything specific.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [16.22] Large FPS/UPS Drop Every 60 Seconds - Heavily Modded

Post by Jap2.0 »

Turn vsync off. It is known to force FPS to 30 or 60 FPS - so even if you're at 59.9 FPS, it will force it to 30.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If this does not help you, provide the info requested here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51319.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The FPS drop is because UPS is dropping. UPS is dropping because of the aai programmable vehicles and miner mods you have.

If you remove those it will fix the problem.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report. The FPS drop is because UPS is dropping. UPS is dropping because of the aai programmable vehicles and miner mods you have.

If you remove those it will fix the problem.
Thank you for the prompt replies.

I continued messing with this after I posted the OP. It seems my computer cannot maintain the UPS that AAI Programmable Vehicles demands. :roll: It seems the combination of a couple of the mods from the AAI group were the cause. Good thing I am building a new computer in a couple months! :D

For now, I can manage without some of these mods to play the game. Thank you again!

Return to “Not a bug”