[16.22] artillary

Bugs that are actually features.
silergerma
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[16.22] artillary

Post by silergerma »

i have noticed that when i use a targetign remote to order a fire and there are 3 in range they fire more then just the 1 shot i orderd

i orderd 1 shot but there were 7 shots

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [16.22] artillary

Post by impetus maximus »

my guess is it's not a bug. 1 order sent to 3 guns, getting 3 shells sounds right to me.
[edit] oh you said 7?
Last edited by impetus maximus on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [16.22] Artillery fires more shots than ordered?

Post by dgw »

It would certainly explain how my friend yesterday used up 250 shells in a matter of a few minutes yesterday in multiplayer. Seems like marking a target should fire only one shell, though. Or enough shells to guarantee its destruction based on artillery damage?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Marking a target does only fire 1 shell unless you've got a mod that changes it.

Or your mouse is super broken and is clicking 7 times :P
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Rseding91 wrote:Marking a target does only fire 1 shell unless you've got a mod that changes it.

Or your mouse is super broken and is clicking 7 times :P
See, that's what I thought. :P I haven't used manual artillery much, the automatic range is plenty! (And it's a lot more fun to watch.)

Into "Not a Bug" this thread goes?

silergerma
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silergerma »

i dont have a mod installed that changes anything , and mouse clicks 2 times at most XD

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Unless someone else can show that it's happening outside of your game I'm not seeing anyone else have the same problem. The game also has specific logic in place to only fire once t artillery in the base game so I still suspect your mouse is simply clicking extra times or the artillery is firing at nests/worms in automatic mode.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Was repeatedly starting new games while doing some mod work just now (restarting Factorio every two minutes is fun!) and one of the times I clicked "Start" to generate a fresh map and start the freeplay, I heard the click sound effect three times.

It only happened when I clicked by tapping my MacBook Pro's touchpad. Infuriatingly, I was unable to repeat the behavior after the first occurrence.

In my case, it could be an intermittent issue with the Boot Camp touchpad drivers under Windows 7. But it doesn't seem to be a bug in Factorio itself.

silergerma, what environment are you playing Factorio under? What OS on what hardware? What pointing device do you use?

silergerma
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silergerma »

playing on win 10 , version 1709

intel core i7 - 6700k
geforce gtx 1070 sc gaming
ddr4-2133 16gb

mouse i use is an older dragonware ELE-G9

Return to “Not a bug”