[posila][0.16.19] Wall-shore transition not removed

Bugs that are actually features.
FactoryBuilder
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[posila][0.16.19] Wall-shore transition not removed

Post by FactoryBuilder »

When I place walls next to water, they have that extra wall aesthetic thing (I'm sorry if that's unclear) and then when I place landfill next to the walls to fill in the water, the walls don't update to normal land walls. They don't update either when I place another wall next to them. To fix it, I have to remove the wall and replace it. Not a big problem but it should update right?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.19] Wall-shore transition not removed

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for the report.
Wall not updating when changing tiles was conscious decision when we implemented walls extending to water. We didn't want to make tile changing operations to scan for walls to update.

However when another wall is connected to the extended one, it should update in direction of the connected wall, so I'll look into that.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila][0.16.19] Wall-shore transition not removed

Post by posila »

Ok, I looked into about updating "extending to tile" as wall is connected to another one and it is quite error prone, as the same logic is ran when loading the game so it might cause desyncs.
I think the way it works now is good enough. If you create a wall next to water, it will extend to it and stay that way forever ... makes sense to me.

Return to “Not a bug”