No Alert for missing objects (Robots/Logistic)

Bugs that are actually features.
Lmp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

No Alert for missing objects (Robots/Logistic)

Post by Lmp »

Hello everybody,

I'm not sure if the topic is right here, but I did not know where to publish it.

I no longer receive any alerts (https://wiki.factorio.com/Alerts) for the robotic network on the screen, except on the minimap.

I've seen that it's possible to change the behavior of alarms via a console command. Had tried to activate the alarm again, it was also confirmed in the console, but no change.

I am particularly concerned with the alarm for missing objects, as it is also displayed on the minimap. So far, however, it was such that the corresponding alarm also appeared as a small icon next to the respective building and you could see directly on the screen where something is missing.
Now it suddenly happens that only the ghost of the respective building is displayed, but the corresponding alarm only appears on the minimap. Actually not disturbing, I just miss the exact list of which objects still missing and how much, so that the robots can do their jobs properly.

I've attached two screenshots. On the minimap you should be able to see that the area is connected to electricity and connected to the logistics network as well, if it's important.

I use the experimental version (0.16.16 @Win7 64bit) and have also installed some mods. As a test, I have disabled all mods because I suspected the mods as a cause. Unfortunately that did not help.

Maybe anyone know how to fix this? :?

Greetings Lmp
Attachments
Logistic network
Logistic network
20180121144419_1.jpg (247.41 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Missing Alert
Missing Alert
2018-01-21 14_40_09-20180121143718_1.png (3.89 MiB) Viewed 1362 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: No Alert for missing objects (Robots/Logistic)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. One of the mods you're using disabled the alert GUI.

You can re-enable it by entering this in the console:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.game_view_settings.show_alert_gui = true
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Lmp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: No Alert for missing objects (Robots/Logistic)

Post by Lmp »

Thank you for the quick reply. That command worked. I can now see the icon below next to the gui again but the object itself (steam turbine) is still just displayed as a ghost. Although shouldn't there appear a symbol too? Is there a command for that maybe?

By the way. Thanks for this great game and all the fish <3

Return to “Not a bug”