[0.10.9] Sleeping robots

Things that has been reported already before.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[0.10.9] Sleeping robots

Post by ssilk »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxC7zF ... sp=sharing

In this save I deconstructed some chests and for me the robots are doing quite a lot of stuff then. After about 20 seconds all robots suddenly go to sleep. This compares to the alarm-display on the bottom: There are no more robots needed for deconstruction.
After another 20-30 seconds or so, suddenly the rest of the robots come out again and do the rest.

For me this is a bug, cause there is no reason for the bots to rest at this moment. Has it something to do with the unloading of the chests? I so, this behavior should be made much more transparent.

Additionally, cause I think this has something to do with:
This display on the bottom makes also funny things. I saw a situation (no save, sorry), where the display with the amount of needed robots and stuff constantly rises and lowers, like a triangle-function (straight up and down). I was far away from the construction at this moment.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.9] Sleeping robots

Post by kovarex »

Ok, so I tested the save and this is the problem.

You have 1063 items to be deconstructed in the queue (Probably lots of trees somewhere marked out of the reach).

The engine has to save cpu time, so it always processes one deconstruct target per tick, in this case, it deconstructs part of the planned stuff, but it has to go through all the trees (and find out it still can't deconstruct it) to get back to the machines

1063 / 60 (ticks per seconds) is 17.6 seconds it takes to go through all the stuff.

Anyway, this is not a bug, we might enhance the algorithms but it work as intended in this case.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ah! I did that too long ago. :)

I suggest, that the deconstruction also disappears (like the ghosts) after some while (much longer perhaps? An hour?). Does that make sense?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I believe that some smarter optimisation would be better and enough.

The trees would just have low priority as they couldn't be mined for long time ...

But as this is not really a bug but an feature request for optimisation now, I will definitely leave it for next major versions.

Return to “Duplicates”