Logo and progress bar misalignment on loading screen

Bugs that are actually features.
XOffshore
Inserter
Inserter

Logo and progress bar misalignment on loading screen

Post by XOffshore »

Screen resolution: 1920x1200 (didn't test on others, but the problem seems to be generic).
As far as I remember, it's there for a very long time and is unrelated to 0.16.* or 0.15.* :)

Take a look:
Untitled-4.png
Untitled-4.png (93.15 KiB) Viewed 1834 times

chrisgbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Logo and progress bar misalignment on loading screen

Post by chrisgbk »

The image has shadows, which aren't visible on the black background; it's actually centered as far as the image data goes. See Factorio\data\core\graphics\splash-screen-image.png.

The progress bar is a different story. But I imagine the position was chosen based on looks, not pixel alignment.

XOffshore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by XOffshore »

chrisgbk wrote:The image has shadows, which aren't visible on the black background; it's actually centered as far as the image data goes. See Factorio\data\core\graphics\splash-screen-image.png.
I know, I've checked that. The canvas of this pic has to be slightly extended to the left (to be specific, +52px) to get the logo alignment fixed (because it's actually centered).
chrisgbk wrote:The progress bar is a different story. But I imagine the position was chosen based on looks, not pixel alignment.
Obviously, if the position was chosen to meet "the better look", both the shadow and progress bar would have been taken into consideration.

I bet that one shouldn't spill the tea about internals: only devs know the exact reason for that, so let them decide.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

I think we are doing pretty well when we are getting this kind of bug reports.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however unless one of the other devs decides they want to change these things around I'm going to say this is working as intended for now.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”