[16.11] Solar (Under)Powered Miners

Bugs that are actually features.
maackey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[16.11] Solar (Under)Powered Miners

Post by maackey »

I built some miners over a remote coal patch. I built a few solar panels and accumulators to power them instead of hooking them up to the main grid.

I started out with 32 panels, and a dozen or so miners. Only the first couple miners were operating at full capacity, so I doubled the amount of panels thinking maybe my math was wrong, couldn't hurt to add a few more, and a few more miners started operating normally, but most were still power deprived. Expanded the array to 96 solar panels to power 19 miners (should be 5760 kW generated to 1710 kW used) but a few miners are still slow. They work at full speed when hooked up to the nuke-powered lines, but when disconnected they go back to being sluggish, even though there should be sufficient power on their isolated grid.

Attached is the save file.

EDIT: after fiddling with the wires, if I link the furthest miners directly with the big electric pole, they start going faster -- I'm wondering if this is a "feature" for throttling power throughput and/or signal degradation? If so, is there any way to see / determine what the power throughput would be? There is nothing in the UI to indicate that this would be the case.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.3 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
power_consumption.zip
(11.78 MiB) Downloaded 33 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.11] Solar (Under)Powered Miners

Post by Loewchen »

Only the top miners are actually connected to the solar array, all below that has only connection to 3 panels. NaB.

Return to “Not a bug”