Rail world disables achievements

Bugs that are actually features.
feildmaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Rail world disables achievements

Post by feildmaster »

With the recent change of Exploitable Achievement Conditions being "fixed" in 0.16.3, achievements get disabled in rail worlds.

I wont go into the arguments about "how easy is too easy"... in this post anyway. I'm just going to say that "Rail Worlds" should be considered fair game for getting the achievement.

QuintupleDude
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Rail world disables achievements

Post by QuintupleDude »

I agree , considering railworlds are a preset.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however we've never said every one of the presets would let you unlock all achievements. Just like the expensive mode doesn't let you do the no-hand-crafting achievement.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

QuintupleDude
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by QuintupleDude »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report however we've never said every one of the presets would let you unlock all achievements. Just like the expensive mode doesn't let you do the no-hand-crafting achievement.
Railworld is a preset made by the developers , anything lower than normal(for ores or cliff water etc) should be ok if it is a preset that just makes sense , it obviously doesnt make sense the expensive mode let you do the no-hand-crafting achievement , that's a completely different story.

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rockstar04 »

The rail world preset disabled biter expansion, so that could be seen as a significant advantage for some of the achievements.

feildmaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by feildmaster »

The condition to disable the achievement is "lower amount of initial difficulty," not the expansion itself. You can basically raise the difficulty on railworlds, to enable the achievement, but which ones do you need to set? Who knows.

And is it any easier to get the achievement in rail worlds? Not really

and just because I should, there's been a heated discussion between people on discord before I even attempted to argue my point. Some lovely remarks:
remarks
I've honestly just lost any respect I had for the team.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

The very nature of a railword implies large expansions, with the implication of it not being extrememly tedious to expand. It's similar to getting a difficult achievement while playing on easy mode in some other game. I can see valid arguments for both implimentations.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

mestoris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mestoris »

Two thoughts about this:

- With the addition of artillery, perhaps rail world can have biter expansion enabled?
- The dialog for a new game should warn about disabled achievements.

Return to “Not a bug”