[0.16.3] Limitations while game is paused

Bugs that are actually features.
Resmyx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.3] Map functionality is limited while game is paused

Post by Resmyx »

After pausing the game(Shift+Space) and opening the world map(M):

-Map scrolling with WASD and click-dragging doesn't work.
-Map tags can't be created, deleted or modified.
-The size of ore deposits can't be checked.
-None of the map buttons under the minimap(Logistics, power, pollution, etc.) do anything.

Feature(?): Scroll-wheel zooming still works.

Pausing the game with the grid makes planning base expansion easier, and makes planning battle tactics a lot less stressful. If pausing the game is supposed to freeze everything, then maybe scroll wheel zooming is the real bug and everything else here is a feature.

Resmyx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.3] Limitations while game is paused

Post by Resmyx »

While the game is paused(Shift+Space):

-None of the menu buttons above the minimap(blueprints, production, bonuses, etc.) do anything. Same goes for buttons under the minimap while paused in the world map.
-Clicking on the minimap to open the world map does nothing.
-Using keyboard buttons to open/close menus(P, T, L) while paused causes the menu to open/close as soon as the game is unpaused. Pressing M still works properly though.

Pausing the game after opening any menu disables most menu interactivity until the game is unpaused:

-Mouse hover only lights up dropdown menus(i.e. filtering for shared blueprints) but these menus don't do anything when clicked.
-Secondary menus(i.e. import blueprint string, edit blueprint, etc.) can be closed with ESC, but primary menus aren't closed and instead get overlayed with the game menu(Resume, Restart, Load Game, etc.).
-Any menu interaction that is incomplete(i.e. click-drag, click-hold, dropdown menu selection) when the game is paused can be finished, but then becomes unresponsive as usual.

Being able to pause the game while checking factory statistics would be nice. Also, finding one train with a messed up schedule among dozens of others, would be a lot less stressful if pausing and browsing the train directory were possible at the same time.

Resmyx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.3] Mouse hover does nothing while game is paused

Post by Resmyx »

While the game is paused(Shift+Space), hovering over things with the mouse doesn't do anything.

This includes:

-previewing inventory of assemblers/chests/trains
-seeing the names and progress bars of radars
-highlight around edges of things under the cursor
-peeking at the contents of modular armor
-seeing the crafting recipes in player inventory
-reading ore patch sizes in the world map

Exception: Dropdown menus like the shared blueprint filtering settings in the blueprint menu light up while they're hovered over.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.3] Limitations while game is paused

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however we never said any of these things would work while the game is paused.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”