[0.10.8] Train "loses" to station rebuilt by constructor bot

Bugs that are actually features.
Narnach
Inserter
Inserter

[0.10.8] Train "loses" to station rebuilt by constructor bot

Post by Narnach »

I accidentally crashed my car into a Train Stop. Because it was in range of a robo port, it showed up as rebuildable. So I crafted a new train stop, put it in a chest and let a robot rebuild it. This worked! It even kept its custom name.

The problem: The train going back and forth between this station and another "lost" the newly rebuilt station from its list of stations to visit.

I presume the train got notified that the station got destroyed and thus it removed the station from its list of stations to visit. This seems like very sane behavior in general. The problem here is that the station got rebuilt, and I expected the train to go back to it.

It would be useful to let the train remember about stations which got removed, but are queued for rebuilding. Give them a disabled state or something, so after rebuilding it can activate the station and continue as it did before.

Being able to disable stations, so a train can skip them, might even be useful as a feature, but I'm just happy to have it as an internal thing to solve this edge case problem :-)

I'm assuming it is not OS specific, but just in case: I'm playing a freshly downloaded copy of Factorio 0.10.8, without mods, on Windows 7, 64-bit edition.
Identity is cheap, reputation is priceless.

Let's Player over at https://youtube.com/narnach

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.10.8] Train "loses" to station rebuilt by constructor

Post by ssilk »

I think the idea to switch stops off is cool and I want to add to make this switch wireable (circuits), so that it can be switched off, if some comparison is false/true.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Narnach
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Narnach »

I like that idea. That means you could make the train skip your copper station when your central storage is full of copper, for example.
Identity is cheap, reputation is priceless.

Let's Player over at https://youtube.com/narnach

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

This is a feature request not a bug. Again, a good feature request. So putting this to our TODO list.

Return to “Not a bug”