BUG: Dedicated by: (extremely many names)

Bugs that are actually features.
COHL7500
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

BUG: Dedicated by: (extremely many names)

Post by COHL7500 »

So, i wanted to show my MSInfo.txt which shows all my PC info, but it doesn´t quite work, because it isn´t allowed :|
It´s really, really hard for me to send a screenshot, cause when i use snagit, it doesn´t quite with the new version, because it´s optimized to Windows 8 :roll:
So, i´ve just bought Mine Drilling Operator and i did ALL the instructions as the mail told me. After i looked at the features, i immediately saw the awesome Put your name in the game feature, so i sat my nickname 'COHL7500' and went into the game Factorio 0.9.8. I logged in, then was going into campaign and played "New Hope".
I thought that it´ll be really cool to see how it worked the "Dedicated" thing. So i took a Laboratory and looked at dedicated, but for some reason, the names that were at dedicated just like scrolled through names EXTREMELY fast, so it´s like totally random who´s name you´re getting dedicated as.
Is this a feature, or is it just a bug?
Cheers, COHL7500.
What´s A PC Doing the Whole time while sitting in front of it?
It set numbers up and minussing them. So a computer isn´t that smart as you may think!

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: BUG: Dedicated by: (extremely many names)

Post by Calico »

As far as i know it's a feature. There are hundreds if not thousands of names in the game. So it's kinda difficult to find a certain name.

But someone, somewhere will very soon place down a train station or lab and it will read "COHL7500".

P.S: Ingame name lists are updated with the patches that we usally get regularly on fridays. Progress has been slowed down a bit cause of holidays + upcoming multiplayer in 0.11.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

COHL7500 wrote:It´s really, really hard for me to send a screenshot, cause when i use snagit, it doesn´t quite with the new version, because it´s optimized to Windows 8 :roll:
http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =49&t=3348
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

In the 0.10.x the game is not "going in a frenzy" through the list of names when placing a building. That was kind of a bug in 0.9.x. Yes, there are quite a few names in the backers file already (couple of hundreds). On the other hand there are quite a few people playing the game at the moment and placing objects dedicated to the backers. So your name will definitely appear in numerous other games and if you are a bit lucky then in one of yours as well. Not a bug.

COHL7500
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by COHL7500 »

I´m really sorry guys, i didn´t know it was like that! Thanks for telling me, now i know.
It´s a really cool feature i must say then, i´d like it.
Have a nice day and thanks for support
What´s A PC Doing the Whole time while sitting in front of it?
It set numbers up and minussing them. So a computer isn´t that smart as you may think!

Return to “Not a bug”