Train causes red signal by itself

Bugs that are actually features.
PierreDole
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train causes red signal by itself

Post by PierreDole »

Ok, thats not a real bug, so i decided to post it here.

This train stoped because of the red signal which it caused by itself. This end in a traffic jam. I see this often at different parts of my rail roads. Maybe you could let the trains check the next two signals?
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3711 ... e9_gif.htm

This one is something else, but i wont to start an extra post for it. You see there my freight area with two different lines. One line goes to the base, the other one to the mining outpost (I did a mistake, the train on the top goes to the base, but that no matter for this example). The problem is, sometimes the trains avoid red signals and leave their line. F.e. the base trains go to the mining outpost and come back again. Thats a lot longer way of cause. I could split the lines but i notice that cause many more red signals due the cross roads. Switch points have the best "flow". It would be cool, if i could decide for a train not to turn at some switch points.
http://s1.directupload.net/images/140811/ymobpba6.gif

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Train causes red signal by itself

Post by kovarex »

In the first case, the train isn't stop because itself, it doesn't have path, so there is some problem, and he can't get to the destination (removed rail, bad directions?)

Not sure about the second thing.

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

It is some problem with DyTech High speed locomotive, its randomly stopping with "No path" text. When you suspend and resume schedule it continue without any track changes.
I had three High speed locomotive and two was going without problems and one was repeatedly stopping on same place after cca 30 min. I think a had collision with car on that place i don't know if it related. Did you have collisions with train on that places?
After replacing the locomotive for armored one i have no problem with random stops.

PierreDole
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PierreDole »

Ok, thats a point i didnt considered. That all are DyTech High Speed Locomotives. But they stops at random places. I have about 12 or more of them. I see I have to replace them to the "old" one. :(

But the problem with avoiding signals on too long way still stay.

Return to “Not a bug”