[0.15.31] Newly downloaded mods not visible

Bugs that are actually features.
Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.15.31] Newly downloaded mods not visible

Post by Zavian »

I started a new game today.

Downloaded the zip version of 0.15.31. Disabled 'activate new mods' automatically.
Installed some mods, pressed back from the install mod page, expecting to be able to activate the mods I wanted.
No mods were listed. Opened the install mods page again, and checked that it thought the mods were downloaded. They were. Went back to the main menu and then back to the mods page hoping they would now be listed. (No luck either).

I needed to restart the game before I could enable the newly downloaded mods.

Expectation: That after downloading mods, they would be visible in the mods page, so I could now activate them.

As a minor aside my preferred workflow here would be install mods, press back, the game does not restart yet (regardless of the setting for enable mods automatically). Manually enable/disable mods as desired (the reason I disable 'enable mods automatically' is because I often download some mods, then start a game with only some of them enabled). When I press back from the mods screen the game restarts if necessary. (By if necessary I mean if I have changed the set of enabled mods from when the game was loaded/when I first entered the mods page).

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.31] Newly downloaded mods not visible

Post by rorror »

When i download mods, and install them, and i press back to go to the mod page, the game restarts automaticly.
There only visable on a restart of factorio.

What do you do after installing a mod? Do you press back, or do you Esc, or press q or? Because your game should automaticly restart.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

You have the game set to 'automatically enable mods'. As I mentioned in the initial bug report I have that setting disabled, because I don't want always want to enable all the mods I download. Hence the game doesn't need to restart automatically. But this bug means I need to restart the game manually before I can enable any of the mods I have just downloaded.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Zavian wrote:You have the game set to 'automatically enable mods'. As I mentioned in the initial bug report I have that setting disabled, because I don't want always want to enable all the mods I download. Hence the game doesn't need to restart automatically. But this bug means I need to restart the game manually before I can enable any of the mods I have just downloaded.
Must have overread that part.

I have tested it with the setting disable "Automaticaly enable new mods"

And i must agree with you.

- You would expect disabled mods in installed mods view. That you can toggle on/off, and then automaticly restarts.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is working correctly. In order for a mod to show up in the in-game GUI the game needs to see it from startup.

If you have the "automatically enable new mods" option disabled then you won't see anything until you restart the game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”