[0.15.31]place train equipment anywhere with blueprint

Bugs that are actually features.
d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.31]place train equipment anywhere with blueprint

Post by d3x0r »

This one is certainly challenging :)

If I make a blueprint with a train stop, I can then build a trainstop anywhere regardless of whether there is a rail there or not. (signals, chain signals, also)
when placing the blueprint along a track, the track is marked with train stop marks, so I would think the train stop would function...

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.31]place train equipment anywhere with blueprint

Post by posila »

Hi, I don't understand what the problem is. If you place a blueprint with train stop in it over a rail track, and robots build the train stop, it will be functional.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended.

If you couldn't build ghost train stops/signals without the correct rails in place then you'd never be able to use blueprints with rails :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Perhaps :)

Bots wait for things in the way to be deconstructed, until they do their construction; if a deconstruction is canceled, they return...
SImilarly if they place a train-stop that isn't valid, they should wait for the mating rail to finish, if it doesn't the entity ghost timeout should cancel the stop...

Probably more confusing that way like 'why is this bot just hanging otu and not building the train stop in the middle of nowhere?'

when placing a blueprint with a trainstop that might not be valid in certain locations, I can also check the current blueprint and see if there is a rail for it. (unfortunately that also allows it to be placed when there's an invalid rail in place but a rail of the correct type in the blueprint. which in my case ends up destroying the train stop because I coudln't find a way to give it back to the bot that placed it *shrug* I could be more intelligent on that I guess.

Return to “Not a bug”