wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.30] Can't exit blueprint placing mode

Post by wvlad »

0. Have full inventory and hotbar
1. Put blueprint into library
2. Open blueprint window (B)
3. Select the blueprint from library (now pressing Q unselects it like it should)
4. Close blueprint window (B)
5. Now pressing Q doesn't work.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.30] Can't exit blueprint placing mode

Post by Loewchen »

This is not a bug. If you take something without room in your inventory for it, you can not put it there. Open the inventory and put it in a trash slot or switch to something you can get rid of to get out of this mode.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

ah yes that's because there is no where for the blueprint you just grabbed to go, so it stays in your hand, you will need to find a chest/car, use quick transfer to get it out of your hand, or place the blueprint in your logistics trash slot.

you can swap it for something else on your toolbar but until you get an open spot on your inventory pressing Q (clear cursor/hand) has no place to put what you are holding.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

But Q works before I close the blueprint window, this is inconsistent. Can you make it then in that way: if the blueprint in hands is taken not from the inventory but from the library just clean cursor on Q? In this case no real loss happens since you can just take another one from the library. It's logical that if you want to take an item you should drag it into inventory. I often choose a blueprint from the library just to build it right away but later I find it in my inventory like "wtf, I didn't take this thing, let's drop it... ooops, I can't!".

It's frustrating that you can't just drop blueprints with "Z" so you have to put it in a chest and shoot. There is no other way to get rid of it.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

wvlad wrote:(...) you have to put it in a chest and shoot. There is no other way to get rid of it.
Sure there is, open the BP with right click, click "Destroy Blueprint" button.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Ok, but it's not very user friendly. Until I put it to my inventory I can't right-click it. And if I have no free space I have to drop something out.

Return to “Not a bug”