[0.15.15] Research incorrectly ordered

Bugs that are actually features.
Laar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.15] Research incorrectly ordered

Post by Laar »

After gaining a better understanding of the research ordering (see this report) I still think there is a bug.

In the screenshot below there are I think 3 errors. Both "Cannon shell damage 6" (position 2) and "Grenade damage 7" (position 4) cost 2000 of their science packs, though the other technologies, up till position 9, require the same science packs but only 1000. Similarly, "Mining productivity 16" costs 1500 packs and is placed before "Worker robot speed 6" costing the same science packs but only 1000.

What I expected was that the most expensive research was placed last in the list. First sorting by the type of science packs needed, then by the number of packs needed (as in the number next to the list) as explained in this post by Rseding91. Thus the order would be (last to first) "Cannon shell damage 6" and "Grenade damage 7" last (only ones costing 2000), then "Mining productivity 16" (costing 1500) followed by all other researchable techs (all costing 1000).

Save file can be found in this post.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
The log file
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
The research order
The research order
Screenshot_2017-05-26_21-54-59.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 1102 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.15] Research incorrectly ordered

Post by Klonan »

Laar wrote:After gaining a better understanding of the research ordering (see this report) I still think there is a bug.

In the screenshot below there are I think 3 errors. Both "Cannon shell damage 6" (position 2) and "Grenade damage 7" (position 4) cost 2000 of their science packs, though the other technologies, up till position 9, require the same science packs but only 1000. Similarly, "Mining productivity 16" costs 1500 packs and is placed before "Worker robot speed 6" costing the same science packs but only 1000.

What I expected was that the most expensive research was placed last in the list. First sorting by the type of science packs needed, then by the number of packs needed (as in the number next to the list) as explained in this post by Rseding91. Thus the order would be (last to first) "Cannon shell damage 6" and "Grenade damage 7" last (only ones costing 2000), then "Mining productivity 16" (costing 1500) followed by all other researchable techs (all costing 1000).

Save file can be found in this post.
It is ordered correctly, expensiveness does not relate to the number of packs required, just the type of science pack it needs,
If all are the same science packs, they are ordered by their order defined by prototype

Return to “Not a bug”