No uranium on pre-0.15 save

Bugs that are actually features.
DeWil_86
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

No uranium on pre-0.15 save

Post by DeWil_86 »

Hi!

When I load my pre-0.15 saves the no longer get any uranium. When 0.15 released I got some but all my mods didn't work so I didn't save. And now some minor updates in I don't have any uranium at all. :(

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: No uranium on pre-0.15 save

Post by Klonan »

Can you provide the save game from 0.14?
It might be some mod messing things up

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

If you are using mods that change ore spawning (RSO) It is up to that mod to make sure uranium is spawned in existing areas.

DeWil_86
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeWil_86 »

Hi!

Thx for the replys. I'm using RSO in that game. But I still think that it's strange that it worked in the beginning and not now. I'll attach the save that has not been opened in 0.15.
Attachments
Game 6.0.zip
(69.22 MiB) Downloaded 72 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

RSO will not respawn the ore in already generated areas - it's not possible due to how generation works (it would change all other ores). You can ask it to regenerate but then everything will respawn and it will be in different locations.
New ore has a chance to be generated in new areas according to it's probability. I'm not sure what map settings will be present for that ore so it might mess things up a bit.

DeWil_86
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeWil_86 »

orzelek wrote:RSO will not respawn the ore in already generated areas - it's not possible due to how generation works (it would change all other ores). You can ask it to regenerate but then everything will respawn and it will be in different locations.
New ore has a chance to be generated in new areas according to it's probability. I'm not sure what map settings will be present for that ore so it might mess things up a bit.
So, what you're saying is that I'm screwed when it comes to getting uranium on that map?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

DeWil_86 wrote:
orzelek wrote:RSO will not respawn the ore in already generated areas - it's not possible due to how generation works (it would change all other ores). You can ask it to regenerate but then everything will respawn and it will be in different locations.
So, what you're saying is that I'm screwed when it comes to getting uranium on that map?
You need to explore new chunks further away.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

steinio wrote:
DeWil_86 wrote:
You need to explore new chunks further away.
It actually works in regions so it might be quite a few chunks and uranium needs to be rolled. By default region is 7 chunks so you might need to explore quite a bit.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Checked your save and found one:
uranium.png
uranium.png (371.37 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
BTW: Nice base but huuuge. Had to walk a lot :)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

DeWil_86
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeWil_86 »

steinio wrote:Checked your save and found one:
uranium.png
BTW: Nice base but huuuge. Had to walk a lot :)
Thx. :) I have a taxi-train to take me everywhere. :P I'm gonna check it out plus my radars found a big patch further east as well. Thank you for your great help! :)

Return to “Not a bug”