[0.15.11] [Unreplicated] Unable to unpause after lock

Bugs that are actually features.
B4SK3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.15.11] [Unreplicated] Unable to unpause after lock

Post by B4SK3 »

Note: I've not been able to replicate.

Win 10. Paused the game, had dinner, came back to computer that had auto-locked account. After unlocking, the game showed normal pause grid screen (no UI's open when pausing) but refused to unpause. Escape did bring up the normal menu but clicking resume did not solve the problem (printscreen of this state attached). Reloaded the game (without restarting) and continued gameplay.

When closing for the night I tried to replicate (I had closed factorio application and restarted) but was unable. I left it overnight in case duration had anything to do with it but bug didn't reappear.
Attachments
factorio_bug_cannot_unpause_after_lockscreen.jpg
factorio_bug_cannot_unpause_after_lockscreen.jpg (537.92 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
factorio-current-no-bug.log
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
factorio-previous-with-bug.log
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

justK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15.11] [Unreplicated] Unable to unpause after lock

Post by justK »

Are you sure that you didn't accidentaly press shift+spacebar (I believe I correct)? That pauses the game as well.

I can be wrong, but can't check this atm, but I believe that pause from menu and pause by shift+spacebar are different pauses.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

Yes they are two different independent pauses, also shift-spacebar shows tiles grid even if it was off, so looking at screenshot there is high probability that it was shift-spacebar as well.

EDIT: moving to not-a-bug until we get confirmation it was some other case.

B4SK3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by B4SK3 »

Interesting. This may well have been the case. I almost exclusively use shift + spacebar so not having done it here plus walking away could well have caused the confusion. Any chance of merging the two "pauses" to one? Conceptually there is only running or paused... The game in effect also has double paused :shock:

Return to “Not a bug”