[0.15.10] Personal construction robots dont use chests

Bugs that are actually features.
Planks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.10] Personal construction robots dont use chests

Post by Planks »

I was torn whether to post this to bug reports or balancing. It doesn't seem like a bug in the sense of it being a regression, it's just really easy to lock yourself into a really lame gameplay situation. Please move if you feel appropriate

Here's the scenario:

I've Red-x'd a bunch of ore chests. The personal construction robots go first (as they're closest, presumably) and then attempt to bring back whole chestfuls of ore to my inventory, which instantly fills up, because ore.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (106.47 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
I now have a semilocked game where my inventory is going to be permanently filled with ore until I manually cycle it all into chests. However in my immediate vicinity are both storage chests with space and requester chests set to request ore. Shouldn't the bots be clever enough to realise 'the player can't take more, dump them here instead'? That's the behaviour of construction bots working out of an actual roboport rather than my inventory.

Despite being in auto-trash, local roboport logistics bots aren't coming to collect this ore either. Maybe this is a bug?

I'm sure there is some way to free this up within current game mechanics, but it falls so far into dumb and unfun it seems fair to describe as a bug.

Attached is my current gamefile
Attachments
0.15 first world.zip
(11.07 MiB) Downloaded 81 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.10] Personal construction robots dont use chests

Post by Loewchen »

The robots of your personal roboport will only use your personal inventory to take and dump, this is intentional.

Planks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Planks »

Ok, fair enough. One question though,

Why aren't the 60 logistics bots in the roboport adjacent to me taking from my auto trash?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Planks wrote:Why aren't the 60 logistics bots in the roboport adjacent to me taking from my auto trash?
Because they don't have anywhere to deliver it, all your storage chests (yellow) in that logistic area are full.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

You can always just walk to a far away chest and relief yourself in there. Then come back without roboport ;)
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Return to “Not a bug”