Robots flying backwards and forwards

Bugs that are actually features.
equitime77
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Robots flying backwards and forwards

Post by equitime77 »

I have noticed what may be new robot behaviour in 0.15.

1) robots seem to fly to very stupid roboports to charge, even going past ports that they could charge at.
2) (most important) robots (construction) try to fly to an area to place an item. Because it is out of range of their charge they just fly out until they run out of charge, fly back to the original port and try again.

Re point 2 - Ive had them do this when I was seeing how difficult it would have been to explore the map by remote control. Bots (even logistic) tried to fly right across a big lake for no reason. Also I have my rail network covered by ports only, everything that needs construction is connected. Just not in a straight line. Is there something that could be done to stop the bots from flying backwards n forwards and maybe go a different way if its not possible the first time?

Edit: Even tho I put a roboport where they were turning around to give them chance to charge and move on, they ignored it and turned back. Had to remove the port they were returning to.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Robots flying backwards and forwards

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

This is some limitation of the bot AI,
And we consider managing their 'stupid' paths to be some gameplay related difficulty

Return to “Not a bug”