[0.15.2] reverse rotate key overlaps ghost building key

Bugs that are actually features.
Progman
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.2] reverse rotate key overlaps ghost building key

Post by Progman »

The default key for "reverse rotate" is SHIFT-R but the default key for ghost building is SHIFT-LMB. This is confusing because the rotation of the item on the cursor is changed when you are ghost building instead of building directly. At first I was confused why all my ghosted belts are facing the wrong direction and then I checked for this new hotkey.

I know I can change the hotkey in the settings (which I did), but it shouldn't be SHIFT-R in the first place. The default key for "reverse rotate" should be like CTRL-R or ALT-R.

How to reproduce:

* Build a lot of S bend curves with belts
* Remove the belts
* Try the same while holding SHIFT for ghost building
* Some belts are facing the wrong direction

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.2] reverse rotate key overlaps ghost building key

Post by Rseding91 »

Progman wrote:The default key for "reverse rotate" is SHIFT-R but the default key for ghost building is SHIFT-LMB. This is confusing because the rotation of the item on the cursor is changed when you are ghost building instead of building directly. At first I was confused why all my ghosted belts are facing the wrong direction and then I checked for this new hotkey.

I know I can change the hotkey in the settings (which I did), but it shouldn't be SHIFT-R in the first place. The default key for "reverse rotate" should be like CTRL-R or ALT-R.

How to reproduce:

* Build a lot of S bend curves with belts
* Remove the belts
* Try the same while holding SHIFT for ghost building
* Some belts are facing the wrong direction
That's not a conflict - you're holding down a modifier key while pressing other keys - that's working fully as intended. Don't hold shift if you don't want it to reverse rotate.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Progman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.2] reverse rotate key overlaps ghost building key

Post by Progman »

I'm holding SHIFT because I want to ghost build at lot of belts/splitters/tunnels but while holding the SHIFT key the rotation of the items at the cursor is now counter-clockwise. So when you place items the rotation is clockwise, but when you are in "ghost building mode" by holding SHIFT the rotation is counter-clockwise. How can that be intentionally to swap the rotation direction while in "ghost building mode"?

Return to “Not a bug”