[15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Bugs that are actually features.
Post Reply
timuslala
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:04 pm
Contact:

[15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by timuslala »

Title says all.
Here are screenshots which are showing that i should get that achievement.
https://scr.hu/ovem5K
https://scr.hu/MN5eq2

hanli427
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by hanli427 »

I think you need one rank of each infinite research as well.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 11923
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by Rseding91 »

hanli427 wrote:I think you need one rank of each infinite research as well.
You're correct.

At least 1 level of each technology must be researched to count as "all research complete".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jonatkins
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:29 pm
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by jonatkins »

I was about to post about this problem. Is there an easy way to tell which infinite research items haven't been done once to trigger this?

hanli427
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by hanli427 »

Compare the current infinite rank with the highest non-infinite rank of that tech chain, best way I can think of.

Hamster
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by Hamster »

Sorry to highjack this thread.. Did not wanted to open a new one.
I have a game on 15.34, full vanilla.
I Have all the research done, the infinite research are at least on lvl 4. Some on lvl 9, however the achievement is not kicking in.
Any idea?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 2790
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by Bilka »

Hamster wrote:Sorry to highjack this thread.. Did not wanted to open a new one.
I have a game on 15.34, full vanilla.
I Have all the research done, the infinite research are at least on lvl 4. Some on lvl 9, however the achievement is not kicking in.
Any idea?
Post a screenshot of the achievement GUI and the tech GUI
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2333
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by Jap2.0 »

Hamster wrote:Sorry to highjack this thread.. Did not wanted to open a new one.
I have a game on 15.34, full vanilla.
I Have all the research done, the infinite research are at least on lvl 4. Some on lvl 9, however the achievement is not kicking in.
Any idea?
Are you sure it's rank 1 of infinite research? That is, you have at least 1 level of every research that requires white science. So, for example, if you had a tech where levels 1-4 is red, green, blue, levels 5-7 is red, green, blue, purple, level 8 is red, green, purple, yellow, and levels 9-infinity is red, green, blue, purple, yellow, white, then you would have to have at least up to level 9 researched. I know there are quite a few levels of some technologies before you get to infinite.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Hamster
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by Hamster »

Jap2.0 wrote: Are you sure it's rank 1 of infinite research? That is, you have at least 1 level of every research that requires white science. So, for example, if you had a tech where levels 1-4 is red, green, blue, levels 5-7 is red, green, blue, purple, level 8 is red, green, purple, yellow, and levels 9-infinity is red, green, blue, purple, yellow, white, then you would have to have at least up to level 9 researched. I know there are quite a few levels of some technologies before you get to infinite.
I see... OK, then I'm not yet at infinite. Thanks for explaining.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2333
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: [15.x] Cannot get "Tech maniac" achievement.

Post by Jap2.0 »

Hamster wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote: Are you sure it's rank 1 of infinite research? That is, you have at least 1 level of every research that requires white science. So, for example, if you had a tech where levels 1-4 is red, green, blue, levels 5-7 is red, green, blue, purple, level 8 is red, green, purple, yellow, and levels 9-infinity is red, green, blue, purple, yellow, white, then you would have to have at least up to level 9 researched. I know there are quite a few levels of some technologies before you get to infinite.
I see... OK, then I'm not yet at infinite. Thanks for explaining.
Yep :).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Post Reply

Return to “Not a bug”