[0.14.22] graphic bug?!

Bugs that are actually features.
nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.14.22] graphic bug?!

Post by nuhll »

Hi,
i dont know if its a bug or working as intented, but i think it looks unlogic. The iron plates are getting stucked backwards on the lane, which shouldnt be possible, i think.

While posting this bug, i found another one. I run factorio on a 4k screen. If i press [DRUCK] = [PRINT?] on keyboard, it wont take the correct picture of the game, its too much left. (dont know how to describe)
bug.jpg
bug.jpg (3.19 MiB) Viewed 2517 times
I mean, on the screen it looks like im standing at the bug i want to show, but actually ingame im way more right (at the end of the furnaces).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.22] graphic bug?!

Post by Rseding91 »

The items being side loaded always end up taking the place of the item so it can't move forward. That's not a bug :)

If the side loading wasn't there it would flow forward.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

But items already on the (straight) belt should have priority over items coming from the side don't they?

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

So the graphic bug for the iron plates are intented, okay.

Whats about the Screenshot bug?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

nuhll wrote:Whats about the Screenshot bug?
PrintScreen on Windows (don't know about other platforms) takes screenshot of whole desktop. Alt + PrintScreen takes screenshot of active window. There is no in-game keybinding for taking screenshot.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

So, this is also intented bug? :roll:

every other game i played just print what i see on screen, and dont cheat(move) my char away. It doesnt display what i see on screen...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

nuhll wrote:So, this is also intented bug? :roll:

every other game i played just print what i see on screen, and dont cheat(move) my char away. It doesnt display what i see on screen...
What? We do literally nothing special for screenshots - that's all up to the operating system in how it does it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Thats what you always say. Still in other games it does work. I never had such an issue. How can the OS display my char wrong?!

I made a picture to show the problem.

Left is what i see ingame, right is what you see on screenshot...
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (71.4 KiB) Viewed 2403 times

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Is it also intentionally that i cant screenshot e.g. the science view?

If i try, i just see a screenshot with my char, but the science view is not visible.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

nuhll wrote:Is it also intentionally that i cant screenshot e.g. the science view?

If i try, i just see a screenshot with my char, but the science view is not visible.
Can you post that screenshot?

On german keyboards the [Druck] key is the same as the [Print Screen] key on english keyboards. Factorio doesn't do anything special when you press that key and I've used it alot and always got the same picture that I see on the screen.
Do you launch Factorio with special settings such as compatibilty mode or as administrator?

Also, could you upload your config\config.ini and factorio-current.log files, found in the %appdata%\Factorio folder?
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I can upload it, but i didnt changed anything.

I created now a new world, and the char is where its supposed to be. - so i dont know how to reproduce it. I will try in different save games. And no, i dont run in combatibilty or admin mode, just direct via steam.

But i still cant screenshot the science view, is that working for you?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

nuhll wrote:I can upload it, but i didnt changed anything.

I created now a new world, and the char is where its supposed to be. - so i dont know how to reproduce it. I will try in different save games. And no, i dont run in combatibilty or admin mode, just direct via steam.

But i still cant screenshot the science view, is that working for you?
I've tried with the website and the Steam version, I had no problems with both of them when making a screenshot with [Druck] or [Alt+Druck] of the science view (the technology screen, shortcut T on the keyboard), nor can I recall ever having problems with that key and Factorio.

Since you're using Steam, do screenshots in your problem world work if you take them using Steam's screenshot feature, the F12 key? If you press that key a small camera sound is heard and a small "Screenshot saved" message from Steam should appear in the bottom right corner. You can then check the screenshot within Steam if you right-click Factorio in the library and select View Screenshots.

My request from before is still valid, upload your config\config.ini and factorio-current.log files and I will check them out, or you could download the .zip version from the website and check if that works when making a screenshot of the science view.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I think its because of my high resolution. (4k)

I will try steam screenshot.

When i have testet that i upload all here.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Nuhll for the printscreen you can try the following solution, this fix the prinscreen issue on win 8.1 and win 10 for me.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6818

Return to “Not a bug”