[0.14.22] Closed signal is weird signal

Bugs that are actually features.
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[0.14.22] Closed signal is weird signal

Post by Kayanor »

I recently got many deadlocks in my strange train system and just found their source:

In the picture you can see a red signal and it's GUI. This red signal is being closed (red) when signal C >= 1 (C > 0).
The next step is that this signal also sends it's state into the circuit network in order to close another signal.

As you can see the train signal is red due to the circuit condition C > 0 but it does not send any circuit signals into the red/green network.
That means for an incoming train that it drives onto the closed rail segment until it reaches the red (chain) signal and then blocks the way for the other three trains that have to pass there.

AFAICR this setup worked perfectly in 0.14.21.
Former moderator.

Sephrat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.14.22] Closed signal is weird signal

Post by Sephrat »

I think the tooltip says that the signal won't output the "red signal" when this red signal is triggered by a signal.
Man, terminology is confusing in this game... :D

The "red (circuit) signal" won't output if the train signal is red because of a circuit condition. I guess this is designed this way so that you can always know within the circuit network the actual state of a signal without the closed circuit condition interferring.
I hope this makes sense. :)

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.22] Closed signal is weird signal

Post by Kayanor »

Forget about this, the tooltip says that it will act like this.
Former moderator.

Return to “Not a bug”