[0.13 - 0.14] Updating can be used to abuse achievements

Bugs that are actually features.
Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13 - 0.14] Updating can be used to abuse achievements

Post by Overene »

I just figured out that switching between 0.13 and 0.14 can be potentially used to abuse the achievements system. By this, I mean that when I updated to 0.14, I got a bunch of steam achievements that I got from my modded save and in theory, constantly switching between 0.13 and 0.14 could be used to easily get every achievement in the game on steam.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13 - 0.14] Updating can be used to abuse achievements

Post by kovarex »

Overene wrote:I just figured out that switching between 0.13 and 0.14 can be potentially used to abuse the achievements system. By this, I mean that when I updated to 0.14, I got a bunch of steam achievements that I got from my modded save and in theory, constantly switching between 0.13 and 0.14 could be used to easily get every achievement in the game on steam.
Achievements are there mainly to add fun and challenge for the player.
If you find a way to cheat to get achievements (Which can be easily done by just editing the base game definitions for example) you are welcome, but what is the point?
I don't consider this a bug.

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

kovarex wrote:
Overene wrote:I just figured out that switching between 0.13 and 0.14 can be potentially used to abuse the achievements system. By this, I mean that when I updated to 0.14, I got a bunch of steam achievements that I got from my modded save and in theory, constantly switching between 0.13 and 0.14 could be used to easily get every achievement in the game on steam.
If you find a way to cheat to get achievements (Which can be easily done by just editing the base game definitions for example) you are welcome, but what is the point?
Well, I mean, even if this isn't really cheating, it was rather annoying to have about 10 achievements unlocked that I'll never be able to unlock legitimately anymore.

Sebbchen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sebbchen »

Overene wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:39 am
kovarex wrote:
Well, I mean, even if this isn't really cheating, it was rather annoying to have about 10 achievements unlocked that I'll never be able to unlock legitimately anymore.
Yes please, I would like to have a solution to that too. I just got all the production achievements because described problem (-> update from 1.0 to 1.1) happened to me unintentionally, but was very much looking forward to get them deservedly with actual efforts. Now I won't even know when I actually would reach that achievement, because there is no more notification. Also the competition between me and my friend feels lost in that regard.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Sebbchen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:53 pm
Overene wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:39 am
kovarex wrote:
Yes please, I would like to have a solution to that too. I just got all the production achievements because described problem (-> update from 1.0 to 1.1) happened to me unintentionally, but was very much looking forward to get them deservedly with actual efforts. Now I won't even know when I actually would reach that achievement, because there is no more notification. Also the competition between me and my friend feels lost in that regard.
There's a button in game to reset your achievements. It didn't exist back when this thread was made.

Return to “Not a bug”