[14.17] portable solar panel technology pre-requisites

Bugs that are actually features.
dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[14.17] portable solar panel technology pre-requisites

Post by dasiro »

it's possible to research it before solar panel technology is available, although you need solar panels to create a portable one:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [14.17] portable solar panel technology pre-requisites

Post by Rseding91 »

That's not a bug. At no point did we say researching a technology was guaranteed to let you use everything it unlocked.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Sephrat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sephrat »

Was redirected from here.
Sorry to bump this thread but please don't say "not a bug" to this. What's the point of pre-requisites if not this?
Almost every technology pre-requisite is properly handled except for a few of them. Please make them consistent for the player's sake. It drives you crazy when you can't find the ingredient required for an item because you haven't unlocked it yet.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Sephrat wrote:Was redirected from here.
Sorry to bump this thread but please don't say "not a bug" to this. What's the point of pre-requisites if not this?
Almost every technology pre-requisite is properly handled except for a few of them. Please make them consistent for the player's sake. It drives you crazy when you can't find the ingredient required for an item because you haven't unlocked it yet.
Prerequisites as so technologies have to be done in a specific order. If every item unlocked through research required all previous items it would make the technology graph a giant mess of lines.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”