diappearing items on transport belts

Bugs that are actually features.
Aivaria
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

diappearing items on transport belts

Post by Aivaria »

Hello,

i had an transport belt track in one direction, and decided to switch the direction by 180° for improved production.
(>>>>)
when i started to turn the belts by using "r" it behaved as usual. wanting to move items down.
(>>>v)
when i used the "r" key again the items on the belt i rotated just disappeared
(>>><)

i only did it with basic transport belts for now, and i didnt test for reproduction in other savegames yet.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: diappearing items on transport belts

Post by kovarex »

Hello, this is not a bug. Those items are not lost, they are moved to the player inventory. The problem is, that if those items would stay there even after the rotate (You can also rebuild the belt to have different direction, did you know?) they could get easily stuck. Good example is straight belt full of items changed to be 90 degree turn.

Evilreaver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Evilreaver »

Could you add a message like "[Item] +[amount]" like when you control-click items from chests/containers? That would make it more obvious that that is what happens, otherwise it does look like the items disappear.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Evilreaver wrote:Could you add a message like "[Item] +[amount]" like when you control-click items from chests/containers? That would make it more obvious that that is what happens, otherwise it does look like the items disappear.
Good idea!

Return to “Not a bug”