Rocket does 60 damage, Explosive rocket only does 40 damage

Bugs that are actually features.
Serpardum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Rocket does 60 damage, Explosive rocket only does 40 damage

Post by Serpardum »

Sorry if this has already been reported, but I searched for "rocket" and didn't see anything. A rocket is reported as doing 60 damage and it takes 4 to destroy a rock. An explosive rocket, which takes a rocket and 5 explosives to make is only reported as doing 40 damage and it takes 5 to destroy a rock. My guess is those numbers were reversed and a normal rocket is only supposed to do 40 damage and an explosive rocket 60 damage.

As it is, no reason to upgrade my rockets to explosive until this is fixed.

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Rocket does 60 damage, Explosive rocket only does 40 dam

Post by Alfdaur »

As I see it, explosive rockets are only usefull in area splash. But I never use rockets anyway. Assault shotgun with regular shells and modullar armour with four lvl.1 shields on it are enough to get the early job done. After researching piercing shotgun shells and destroyer bots, you'll not need anything else. But yeah, I think the explosive rockets are useless. But this is more a feature than I bug in my honest opinion. (A bad one at that.)

Combat is going to be reworked two patch lines from now (look at the roadmap). So it'll propably take some time before this is going to be reworked.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I think the explosive rockets do splash damage so even though they do less damage to one target they do more damage in total when hitting multiple targets grouped together.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

The explosive rocket does 40 damage in 6.5 radius, rocket only does single target damage.

The description is confusing though, and it should be clarified in the UI somewhere that explosive rocket is an area of effect weapon.

Serpardum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Serpardum »

Okay, makes sense. Yes, somewhere it should state that it does AOE damage.

Return to “Not a bug”