[Pending] [Oxyd] 2-stage Manual Crafting

Bugs that are actually features.
Septimus ii
Inserter
Inserter

[Pending] [Oxyd] 2-stage Manual Crafting

Post by Septimus ii »

As of the most recent update (13.10), I can no longer manually craft items by first crafting the intermediate goods required, unless I let those goods finish first.
construction bot example
eg. I should be able to craft another 50 construction bots as I have the required circuit boards and I am crafting the required flying robot frames. But it will only let me craft 4 because I have only finished 4 of the flying robot frames.

I think this is happening with all manual crafting now. I noticed it twice and it happened again when i tried to reproduce it.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 2-stage Manual Crafting

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

I am unsure whether this is a bug or simply the new behavior of the system

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Pending] [Oxyd] 2-stage Manual Crafting

Post by orzelek »

It would be quite big regression in functionality if hand crafting would be unable to go through more then 1 level of intermediates.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Yes, this is intended. The old functionality was complicated and buggy, so it was removed.

You should be able to cancel the flying robot frames and order to craft the bots directly.

TimmPure
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TimmPure »

Hmm, I was about to report this as a bug, too.
Handcraft.png
Handcraft.png (4.3 MiB) Viewed 1977 times
The current solution doesn't feel very intuitive, because the tooltip (and the message when you click to attempt the craft) says there are materials missing, which clearly there aren't. I can't say I'm thrilled about it, and agree with Orzelek that this is quite a step back in functionality.

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

This is one of those situations where two different sets of behaviors can be both expected and desirable. For example, if I want to make 20 inserters and 20 long-handed inserters, the current behavior means that I can be reasonably sure that I'll end up with both, rather than the later long handed inserters using up all the inserters.

Then you get situations like the original post, where this behavior seems odd...

Return to “Not a bug”