Inserters start working too late

Bugs that are actually features.
terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Inserters start working too late

Post by terror_gnom »

Hi,

I have a little issue with an Assembling Maschine 3 with 4 Speedmodules 3.

The Inserters start to late to insert new raw material in the assembler so it "hiccups". It doesn´t matter wether its a fast inserter or stack inserter nor if its picking items from belt or a chest.

It happens (probably) for all 0.5s recepies (testet it with copper cable and green circuites).

Could you possibly change the prediction, when an assambly machine requests new raw material from the inserter?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Inserters start working too late

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

We found this during internal testing, but decided that it isn't a bug,
You can use buffer chests to bypass this problem :)

Enderwigin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Enderwigin »

Could you please elaborate. This problem is every where in my production. I do not see how a chest would stop this at all. The inserted is not responding fast enough to the command that the supplies are empty. Just make it so that it starts to fill up before it is on its last craft would stop this. Is this discussed in a different post? It is very hard to look stuff up for this problem.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Enderwigin wrote:Could you please elaborate. This problem is every where in my production. I do not see how a chest would stop this at all. The inserted is not responding fast enough to the command that the supplies are empty. Just make it so that it starts to fill up before it is on its last craft would stop this. Is this discussed in a different post? It is very hard to look stuff up for this problem.
There is some further discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30368

Return to “Not a bug”