Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[12.30] [kovarex] Deactivated roboports still act as roboports

Post by MrDoomah »

It might be related to viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23289, but this is the issue:

When deactivating a roboport

Code: Select all

/c game.player.selected.active = false
it still acts as a beacon for robots to charge (but they don't charge, just hover like in the link above) and still extends it construction and logistic areas.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [12.30] Deactivated roboports still act as roboports

Post by DevilXD »

This bug sometimes also applies to not connected to the power grid/just placed and thus unpowered roboports. They sometimes still extend the logistic area, despite of that.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

DevilXD wrote:This bug sometimes also applies to not connected to the power grid/just placed and thus unpowered roboports. They sometimes still extend the logistic area, despite of that.
That's by design so robots don't loose jobs from simply power-switching.

Manually setting a roboport to active=false and it not fully shutting down is however a bug.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Rseding91 wrote:That's by design so robots don't loose jobs from simply power-switching.
Umm, I meant - When you place a roboport where there's no connection to the power grid yet (the next thing to do is obviously place a pole to connect it). For ex. I just placed this roboport outside of the power-grid range:

Notice that it has no connection to the power grid, but still somehow got some power left. It also extends the logistic network's range, despite not being powered yet. The funny thing is that when left like this (unconnected) the power eventually runs out and the roboport just acts like a range extender (I don't exactly remember seeing hovering bots over it...).

Despite all of that, most players, most of the time just place the roboport already in range of the power grid, or connect it right after placing, so it's a hard-to-notice bug...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

DevilXD wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:That's by design so robots don't loose jobs from simply power-switching.
Umm, I meant - When you place a roboport where there's no connection to the power grid yet (the next thing to do is obviously place a pole to connect it). For ex. I just placed this roboport outside of the power-grid range:

Notice that it has no connection to the power grid, but still somehow got some power left. It also extends the logistic network's range, despite not being powered yet. The funny thing is that when left like this (unconnected) the power eventually runs out and the roboport just acts like a range extender (I don't exactly remember seeing hovering bots over it...).

Despite all of that, most players, most of the time just place the roboport already in range of the power grid, or connect it right after placing, so it's a hard-to-notice bug...
That's what I was referring to. We do that by design - provide some power to the roboport - so it doesn't connect, disrupt robots, then disconnect immediately and have to charge up. That part isn't a bug.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

By design roboports start with some power

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

Klonan wrote:Thanks for the report,

By design roboports start with some power
I don't know if you're responding to DevilXD or me, but the bug report wasn't about the power, it was about deactivated roboports.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

MrDoomah wrote:When deactivating a roboport

it still acts as a beacon for robots to charge (but they don't charge, just hover like in the link above) and still extends it construction and logistic areas.
Rseding91 wrote:Manually setting a roboport to active=false and it not fully shutting down is however a bug.
Moved back to Bug Reports.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

daniel34 wrote:
MrDoomah wrote:When deactivating a roboport

Rseding91 wrote:Manually setting a roboport to active=false and it not fully shutting down is however a bug.
Moved back to Bug Reports.
Oh my bad :D

Setting them to active = false definitely does something odd:
https://gfycat.com/PoorHandsomeDeermouse

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [12.30] [kovarex] Deactivated roboports still act as roboports

Post by kovarex »

Not a bug. We never stated that roboports deactivated from scripts will behave any specified way.

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [12.30] [kovarex] Deactivated roboports still act as roboports

Post by MrDoomah »

kovarex wrote:Not a bug. We never stated that roboports deactivated from scripts will behave any specified way.
Ok fair enough. I assumed deactivated entities behaved as if they where unpowered entities.

Return to “Not a bug”