[0.12.29] Building drone system behavior

Bugs that are actually features.
Sastas
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.29] Building drone system behavior

Post by Sastas »

So I just found, the logistic drones works weird. Basically I lay down concrete with them. The provider chest is full with concrete, and I have 279 drones in the system at the first picture, and 329 on the second(I add 50 with hand, wait 10 seconds, prtscn) I playing on hungarian language, but I think you got the thing. Both picture said 601 building drones missing. I think your system just stuck about 600. No matter what.
If its not clear enough, I can made a video for it, but I think you got it :)

Edit: The forum flip my pictures, but it doesn't matter, just mention.
Attachments
building drones2.png (4.27 MiB) Viewed 1404 times
building drones.png (4.27 MiB) Viewed 1404 times
If you need a hungarian translator/interpretor, contact me. Here or on youtube. Or anywhere :)

youtube.com/sastas

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.29] Building drone system behavior

Post by Rseding91 »

The alerts time out after a while and the system only tries to send a specific amount of robots each game tick. That results in some "upper" number that the alert will ever show before the first one it made timed out and before the next time it tries to send robots.

The alerts for "not enough robots" just happen to time out after 600 game ticks. If you don't have enough robots the game will try to send 1 robot each tick to build stuff, see it has no robots, generate an alert, and then stop trying until the next game tick. That would result in a count of "not enough" roughly at what you're seeing :)

Unless you can provide a 1-1 robot <> thing-to-be-built chances are you'll see that alert number show up as the system that sends robots send them far faster than they can actually build the things they're told to build.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”